“HELPFUL HINTS FOR STORING WITH US!!”
- It is a good idea to make an inventory list of your items. We have a list available in our office for your use.
- Put large items in first and build up using smaller/lighter items.
- Store sofas and mattresses on end (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SLEEPER SOFAS).
- Remove legs from large tables. They will take up less room.
- Defrost refrigerators and freezers at least 48 hours prior to storage. Place activated charcoal in the bottom, and leave the door open.
- Drain all washing machines and garden hoses before storing.
- Remove all gasoline and oil from lawnmowers and place heavy paper or cardboard under them. We have absorbent pads available in our retail area for $15.
- It is not recommended to store clothing in closed plastic.
- We recommend using a paper or cloth covering over clothing and upholstery items.
- Place any loose items in the middle or back of unit AWAY from the door. Small items may fall against the door and make it difficult to roll up the door.
- Place items you know you will use, like Christmas decorations, in the front of the storage unit. This will save having to “dig” them out later.
- If you are NOT using humidity controlled units, do not seal items with plastic as moisture may collect and could possibly cause mold and mildew.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT STORING YOUR ITEMS, PLEASE FEEL
FREE TO ASK!! WE’RE ALWAYS GLAD TO HELP!!